Saturday, August 31, 2013

I Must Write

Well, Mrs. "I Can't Write Anymore" is off on another vacation to Canada ... to write.  My husband and I leave tomorrow at the crack of dawn in order to get off I-95 seven hours up the road at Bangor in time for huge lobster rolls held together with warm butter rather than mayonnaise. If anyone enters the municipality of Brewer, ME on Route 9, you are just a dang fool if you don't stop at the Eagle's Nest.

So, I'm done whining, carping and avoiding work.  Husband will be hitting the links and I will be by myself at the cottage.  I won't have internet, either. I have my own computer (no WIP on a stick this time) with all the research and character development I've done over the last four years (read: discarded prologues, annoying [for the reader] forays into world building, and info dumping on a grand scale—all this stuff is now called research and character development.)

The reality is this: I am delighted to be going on a trip with my husband of 31 years.  The last time we went away by ourselves for an actual vacation was July of 1981. We are leaving behind grown-ups and a bevy of terrific friends and neighbors who will keep an eye peeled on the homestead.


And even though I gave this post a melodramatic title, I really want to write and the stars are lining up for me to do just that.

It's just grand.
Lunch for September 1, only we will have drawn butter instead of mayo.

2 comments:

  1. Have a lovely, and hopefully productive, trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! I don't think my husband and I ever have left town together without the kids. We still have several more years altogether ... but I'm aware of how fleeting this time is.

    ReplyDelete